In today’s digital world, Google Ads has become a powerful tool for businesses of all sizes to promote their products and services.
To get the most out of your Google Ads campaign, it is essential to write compelling ad copy that resonates with your target audience and drives clicks.
In this blog post, we’ll explore the best practices for creating highly-clickable Google Ads headlines, the top mistakes to avoid, and 12 proven ad copy strategies that can double your click-through rate (CTR) and increase your return on investment (ROI).
How to Write Highly-Clickable Google Ads Headlines
Your Google Ads headline is the first thing users see when they search for relevant keywords. It’s the most critical part of your ad copy and can make or break your campaign’s success.
To write highly-clickable Google Ads headlines, follow these tips:
- Use numbers or statistics: Numbers catch people’s attention and add credibility to your ad. For example, “10% off your first purchase” or “Get a free trial for 30 days.”
- Use emotional triggers: Use emotional triggers such as fear, curiosity, or excitement to grab users’ attention. For example, “Don’t miss out on this limited-time offer” or “Discover the secret to glowing skin.”
- Use strong action words: Use strong action words such as “get,” “discover,” or “find out” to encourage users to take action. For example, “Get your free sample today” or “Discover the best deals on our website.”
- Use keywords: Use relevant keywords in your headline to make your ad more relevant to users’ search queries.
- Keep it concise: Keep your headline concise and to the point. Google Ads limits the headline to 30 characters, so make every word count.
Top 5 Mistakes With Google Ads Headlines To Avoid
Writing effective Google Ads headlines is essential for the success of your campaign. To create highly-clickable ad copy, it’s important to avoid common mistakes such as using weak action words, failing to incorporate keywords, and writing lengthy headlines.
Let’s explore the top five mistakes to avoid in your campaigns:
- Irrelevant headlines: Your headline should be relevant to users’ search queries. Avoid using generic headlines that don’t match your ad’s landing page.
- Lack of clarity: Your headline should be clear and concise. Avoid using complicated language or industry jargon that users may not understand.
- Overusing punctuation: Overusing punctuation such as exclamation marks or question marks can make your ad appear spammy and unprofessional.
- Poor grammar or spelling: Poor grammar or spelling can make your ad appear unprofessional and can turn users away.
- Not testing different variations: Don’t rely on a single headline. Test different variations to see which one resonates best with your target audience.
Google Text Ads: Best Practices
In addition to writing compelling ad copy and headlines, here are some best practices to follow when creating Google Text Ads:
- Use ad extensions: As mentioned earlier, use ad extensions to provide additional information about your business, such as your phone number, address, or website links.
- Keep the message customer-focused: Focus on the benefits your product or service can provide to customers, rather than just listing features.
- Create mobile-friendly ads: Mobile traffic accounts for over half of all searches, so make sure your ad is optimised for mobile devices.
- Include a call-to-action: Your ad should include a clear call-to-action to encourage users to take action.
- Make sure your message matches the landing page: The content on your landing page should match the message of your ad.
- Split test different variations: Test different variations of your ads and measure the performance of each one. This will help you determine which ad resonates best with your target audience and drives more clicks.
12 Ad Copy Strategies That’ll Double Your CTR and Increase Your ROI
Are you looking for ways to increase your click-through rate (CTR) and drive more conversions? Writing effective ad copy is one of the best strategies to achieve this goal.
With the right ad copy, you can entice users to take action and generate higher returns on investment (ROI).
In this article, we’ll explore 12 proven strategies that will help double your CTR and boost your ROI.
- Use emotional triggers in your ad copy: As mentioned above, use emotional triggers such as fear, curiosity, or excitement to grab users’ attention.
- Use the power of scarcity and urgency: Create a sense of urgency by highlighting that your offer is limited-time only. This will encourage users to take action quickly.
- Include customer testimonials: Customer testimonials are very powerful and can increase your ad’s credibility.
- Include a strong call-to-action: A strong call-to-action will encourage users to click on your ad.
- Use “you” and “your” instead of “we” and “our”: Focus on the user by using words such as “you” and “your” instead of “we” and “our.”
- Include benefits in your ad copy: Highlight the benefits of your product or service to convince users why they should click on your ad.
- Set expectations: Set clear expectations so that users know what they can expect when they click on your ad.
- Personalise your ads: Personalise your ads to make them more relevant to users’ search queries or interests.
- Include numbers and statistics: Numbers and statistics can add credibility to your ad copy and increase the likelihood of a click.
- Highlight offers and discounts: Promote any offers or discounts you have to encourage users to click on your ad.
- Test different variations: Don’t rely on a single ad copy. Test multiple variations and optimise for the ones that perform best.
- Include a sense of urgency: Create a sense of urgency in your ads by highlighting that your offer is limited-time only.
In conclusion, creating compelling ad copy is crucial for the success of your Google Ads campaign. By following best practices for creating highly-clickable headlines, avoiding common mistakes, and implementing proven ad copy strategies, you can double your click-through rate and increase your return on investment. Remember to keep your ads concise, customer-focused, and relevant to users’ search queries, and always test different variations to see which resonates best with your target audience.
With these tips in mind, you can create Google Ads that stand out and drive more clicks and conversions.