Every homeowner requires landscaping services every now and then. The landscaping industry, in general, is on the way towards expansion. With a strong home sector, the landscaping industry is gaining momentum faster than any other home service industry. Hence, every business owner are now starting to maximize their landscaper marketing efforts.
So, if that’s the case, why has your phone been silent recently? Why haven’t you been getting the landscaping leads?
Let us explain. A landscaping business relies on an effective landscaper marketing strategy to get more leads which in turn can help them to book more appointments, connect with new customers, and get more sales.
It’s a very competitive online marketplace and to get more leads for your landscaping business means you need to make smart moves to make sure your brand stands out from the competitors.
To get continuous leads, we suggest you follow the tips given below.
Build A Website For Your Landscaping Business
A website will probably be the first interaction between a potential customer and your company. That’s why your website must be interactive and must be able to grab the attention of a visitor. Remember, your website is your sale representative and must be functional 24/7.
To achieve that it must have the following features:
- Quick: If your website takes more than 4 seconds to load, the visitor is most likely to close your web page.
- User Friendly: An average web user does not prefer a website with a complicated user interface. So make sure your website is easy to navigate through and everything a visitor needs is just a few clicks away.
You can incorporate shortcuts and a FAQ section on your website.
- Must Be Mobile Friendly: More than half of the searches for a landscaping business are done using a smartphone. So, make sure your website is accessible through a smartphone.
- Must Be Secure: Nobody prefers to stay on a website that is not secure so your website must be HTTPS and not HTTP.
- Must Encourage The Customer To Take Action: People do not call for landscaping services until and unless it’s an emergency. On your website include call-to-actions, your contact info, and contact forms asking for the customer’s information.
- Improve Search Engine Optimisation (SEO)
Improving SEO means that when someone searches for a landscaping service, your company’s name or website must appear at the top of Google search. More often than not, a person would probably click on the top three or four links of his Google search results. So, your company must be on the first page of Google search results.
To get continuous leads, the content on your website and social media platforms must have the top-ranked keywords related to the landscaping business. In your content, use keywords that specify your location for example try using “Landscaping in LA”.
When someone searches for a landscaping service, the Google algorithm displays the most geographically relevant results. So even if you are a small business, improving SEO can get you an edge over your competitors.
You can also use Google local services to advertise your landscaping business on Google. If someone searches for a landscaping service in your area, your local service ad shows up and the customers can contact you directly.
Mastering SEO is a timely process and takes time to generate leads. A faster way is to use PPC search ads.
PPC ads help you target users searching for specific keywords and helps you to focus on a particular geographical location.
Due to the keywords you choose, the link to your webpage shows at the top of page 1 of Google’s search result. This ensures quicker results.
The advantages of PPC are visibility and relevance. If you traditionally advertise your landscaping business, you will interrupt the user’s online experience and he will only get frustrated and might block your ad. PPC, on the other hand, does not block a user’s online experience but displays your ad in front of users already searching for a landscaping business.
Manage Your Reviews
What you claim about your business holds lesser weight as compared to what others say about it. This makes reviews and testimonials very important. So, always request the customer for a testimonial after you have completed the landscaping job.
Just a few years before, referrals used to be offline but now social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube are used to drop reviews.
To get leads for your landscaping business, you must have a strategy to get more reviews. Try using the steps given below:
- After the job, ask your customer for a review.
- You can send an e-mail or a quick message asking for a review.
- Add a custom Google review link to your website.
- Add call-to-action on your website and ask for a review.
- Use a review generation tool.
Make Helpful Content as part of your Landscaper Marketing
One of the most popular methods to attract new customers and expand your business is content marketing. It’s a very simple idea: your content must teach a customer how to solve a problem on their own.
Now, if you make content that just talks about your business the customer will quickly lose interest. A better way is to make DIY landscaping content.
There is a slight disadvantage to it:
- Article will be read by people across the globe. You need people specific to your location.
- It attracts people who will not contact you rather they will solve the problem on their own.
So to improve the strategy, your content must be specific to a particular location. This may sound counterintuitive, but such content help in trust building with your community.
If someone needs a landscaping service, you will be the first to cross their minds.
The Bottom Line
The competition online is tougher than ever and to connect with your customer you need to up your landscaper marketing strategy. Investing a little time to improve your digital marketing skills can surely generate leads for your landscaping business. The tips shared above are neither costly nor very complicated to implement. You can give them a shot and most likely you will see growth in your business.